Friday, February 20, 2015

February Card Sketch Challenge

I was inspired by February's Card Sketch Challenge over at the Club Scrap Forum.  Before Christmas I got down and dirty with my Gelli plates, paints and stencils. Now there is a story here...when Gelli plates came out...I said "No way am I going to buy that too.  I don't need another craft medium."  I held out for awhile.  The CS gallery was filling up with wonderful designs and creations.  I still said..."Nope. No way." Even my good friend Cathy (a craft hoarder as well) urged me to give in.  I didn't cave in. Then came the Club Scrap Retreat...I knew those girls would get me! One of the Retreat workshops was Gelli plates.  I tried not to love it...I really did.  I even bought all the paints too.  I'm such a sucker.


Anyways, I made tons of painted panels.  Had a blast and made a great mess.  I loved every minute! Becky posted a layout using panels on a layout according to the card sketch which got me thinking about these panels. Apparently I loved the green and gold with a touch of red at the time. It was Christmas.


 This month's sketch allowed me to use different varieties of embellishments that I'm stock piling. The panels are in a gloss finish which made stamping the sentiment a little difficult. The stamp kept sliding making it a tad bit blurry...that's not your eyesight.


The card bases, gear charms and stamps are from the Club Scrap London Calling kit. The stencils used were from Retreat 2014, Random Doorways and Geometrics. A few squares of bubble wrap gave some nice texture as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment