Monday, April 6, 2015

Botanicals Greetings to Go

I received my Club Scrap Botanicals kit on Friday...had it finished by Tuesday!  I was totally in the groove.  I love it when that happens!  I even finished my Blog Hop project, but you'll just have to wait for the reveal.


At first glance I thought the tent cards were going to be difficult.  Tricia posted a video explaining  how to assemble these.  Super Easy! They turned out to be my favorite.  Kinda fun how you can display them and see both greetings. I added pearls, Stickles and Flower Soft to the panels to gibe them a little extra oomph.  I was experimenting with backgrounds and trying different stamps and embossing plates For the mats. I think I like the rough edging the most.





The next set of cards was screaming ribbon to me.  I just felt that the flowers need some dimension. I was also playing around with some Impression Obsession large stamps and my PanPastels for different backgrounds with these as well.


April's Never Been Used challenge over on the Club Scrap forum is to use a flower stencil or stamp in your stash that hasn't been used before.  I went back to Interior Designs 2006 kit for this flower.  I actually bought the stamps for the home improvement items.  So, while I was looking for unsued items I came across this mason jar Sizzix die.  Mason jars are so "in" right now. Perfect!  


Bookbinding glue works perfectly to adhere the clean jar I cut out of acetate. The glue dries clear with a very strong hold.

Have a fabulous day and thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, your cards are amazing!! I love how you stitched the flowers!! So clever, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic, Lisa! I love how you used the ribbon for the flower petals. So clever! And FlowerSoft--I have a set I haven't really used. I'm going to have to give that a try. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the stitched flowers as well. Great ideas here, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete