Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Blues Blog Hop

Welcome to the Club Scrap The Blues Blog Hop! If you've arrived here from the amazingly talented Roni's Inkstains with Roni then you're in the right spot! If you don't want to miss a thing, head on over to Club Scrap to start from the top.
I love listening to music!  I vary from 80's hair bands to jazz and blues.  Just depends on my moods.   So The Blues kit speaks to me on various levels.


At home I'll spend hours playing Pandora on my cell phone which has different libraries to suit my moods. I came up with an idea for a phone stand after going through some older Club Scrap projects. It's a twist on the Photo Easel from Take Wings.
I measured my phone and cut two book board piece a little bit wider and taller. Wrapped the board leaving an 1/2" gutter to allow for more flexibility.



I then created a pocket to add to the front to hold the phone in place. Before adhering the pocket with bookbinding glue, I decorated it with the whimsical musical ribbon included in the Deluxe Kit, sunflowers from Oopsie Daisy and a heart paper clip. Next was to create the "easel" to join the front and back pieces using a series of folds.


Just like that! My new phone stand is ready to play some jazz!


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to hop by. Please hop on over to Life Paper Soul to see what wonderful masterpiece Wendy has created!


26 comments:

  1. What a nifty idea! Those daisies go perfectly with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cleaver idea! I could use one of these for when I go to my crops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea and beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm always losing my phone under my work space when I craft, so this would come in very handy. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, geez. That. Is. Awesome! I'm going to make one for my bathroom where I listen to Pandora on my phone while getting ready every day. I wish I could drop everything and get started on that right away! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRILLIANT Project Lisa!! Love this so much and love that you put a twist on a Club Scrap project from the past. WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. I am totally making one for my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius! Decorative and useful...gotta make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever idea and cool accents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this project! I am so making this stand soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea for a phone holder. Thanks for the idea. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative idea!!! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. clever idea.
    Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super fun and so handy,Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a brilliant useful clever project!!! and it's so darn adorable...I know everyone wants to make one of these now! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creative brain with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever idea and so pretty. I like when useful and pretty go together in a project. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful project and I just found the project from Take Wings and now know that is is a Photo Easel! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun project! Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. MUST. MAKE. ONE. TODAY! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete