Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Blues Greetings to Go

Made a huge mess today and it was a blast!  May's technique challenge was to experiment with gesso.  I made a batch of my own gesso using my Concoction Cards.  I had The Blues Greetings To Go kit sitting nearby, scored and folded.  The first try using gesso with stencils was a disaster.  I like my images clean and crisp.  Not what you're going to get with the gesso.  I'll save the stencils to go with my spackle.
 
This one I embossed the background with an embossing folder, painted on the gesso and let it dry. I then applied 3 different color inks when it was dry.   Love the look with the embossing folders.
 
 
I did the same with this one but "pulled" off some gesso before it dried with crumpled tissue paper. I then added more subtle inks.
 
 
Here I painted on normal cardstock and "pulled" off gesso with tissue paper to give a sort of crackled look.
 
The little cool glasses charm didn't photograph well...it is super cute!
 
Painted gesso over the tags to mute the colors a bit.
 
 
I didn't purchase the stamps option with this kit so I had to improvise a bit.  I created a document in Photoshop Elements using the music image and printed on vellum.  I then crinkled up the vellum and painted that onto the gesso covered paper and then covered in gesso as well to mute it a bit.
 
 
 
May's Tool Challenge is to use your embossing folders.  I've already played with two so I'll show you a few more.  This wine glass one I bought (with enthusiasm) at the Scrapbook Expo in October.  I haven't even used it until I saw this cute little tag!  Yep, that describes my wineaux friends!
 
 
Love these little birdies sitting on wires embossing folder!
 
 
Very subtle on the background mat is another embossing folder to give some depth. I chalked over it using white Pan Pastels but it didn't photography well.
 
 
This next set of cards are very similar to the Greetings To Go instructions we get with the kits. I just added some stickles and jewels.
 


 
This card was designed for the May Card Sketch Challenge.
 
 
This card was designed for the NBUS Challenge. NBUS stands for Never Been Used Stuff. The challenge this month is to use a left over tag from a kit.  Well, I used a left over tag...never used ANY of them.  Double whammy!
 
 
Hope you enjoyed!  Now to go clean up :(
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are all so great! Glad you got some "play time" over the weekend. Several challenges met, I see! TFS

    ReplyDelete