Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Origami Hearts

Karen over at Club Scrap is challenging us to use origami in our layouts, cards and projects. She lists several links to former blog postings if you need some ideas. I chose to do a heart origami to go along with my Valentine's cards.

Let me start off by saying...this takes practice. I started with a text weight paper, moved to vellum and then cardstock.  I found that folds had to be precise and if you burnish with a bone folder, it was easier to deal with when folds became tiny. I may have uttered some naughty words in creating these hearts...

Heart rejects

HOWEVER...the end result once you get it down is rewarding!  Love this little guy!
 
Club Scrap papers, tags and ribbon. Prima flowers. Stickles. Unknown sentiment.
 
I also did double duty when creating this card.  I used the sketch from Mojo Monday's 430 Sketch with a little bit of a twist to make it my own.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Thanks for sharing your heart-making experience with us. So what I hear you saying is, practice on scrap paper first? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, bless ur little heart! Really cute card Lisa!

    ReplyDelete