Tuesday, February 9, 2016

White on White

Less is more is celebrating it's 5th birthday!
 
In honor of their 5th year challenging crafters, this week's challenge is to create a card using white on white.  This was a fun challenge for me because it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I like color.  White on white screams wedding to me. The challenge is...there are a lot of different "whites" out there! I saw this quilt pattern on Pinterest and wanted to duplicate it but I don't have one of those fancy score boards that you can measure and score accurately.  My board is old school with one score bar in the center. So I had to create the pattern with a ruler and pencil first, then score.
 
 
 
It looks labor intensive but it actually moves along quickly.  Once I had the pattern scored I added little button brads to give it some charm. Die cut title swirl, stamp sentiment, add lace and flower and you're done. I love, love, love the finished card.  Now...someone needs to get married!
 
 Club Scrap papers, stamp, ribbon and flower. Recollections brads. Spellbinder die.

7 comments:

  1. A very pretty card and design. Thanks for sharing at Less is More 5th Birthday challenge this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty!
    What a lovely flower too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job of embossing the lines, love those tiny button brads!
    Thanks so much for joining our 5th birthday celebration challenge!
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, white on white is great for a wedding card. Those brads are so cute and this is such an elegant card.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete