Monday, April 25, 2016

Butterflies Love Dahlias

Welcome to the Club Scrap artist challenge! If you've arrived here from Donna's post then you're in the right place. You can start from the beginning at Club Scrap. 

We've been given the challenge to create butterflies or flowers from paper and incorporate them into our projects.  I had actually pinned dozens of handmade flower ideas until I got a look at my Easter photos and just had to do butterflies! My niece is just the cutest little bug that I adore with my whole heart.  Getting a photo of her is almost impossible.  Even when I put the camera on "sports" mode. I wish I had that energy...

Once I started with the layout, I just knew it was going to be more of a wall art piece than a scrapbook layout. I was just having fun adding dimension. It just might end up being a Mother's Day gift. 
Club Scrap papers and tags. Creatology feather. Style Steals flower. Celebrate it! doily and wood title. Copics and Stickles for accents. 

I used this 2 minute video to make these lovely origami butterflies. I added straight pins for the antennae and pearl strips on the body to make them more feminine. These little guys are so easy to make. Using a light weight paper is the key to this technique. You can also see Tricia make that three part bow on YouTube. 

Please flutter on the hop to see what the amazing Tina's created for you.

14 comments:

  1. How pretty, those butterflies are amazing! Perfect addition to the LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty! Love all the details !

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is precious, Lisa. Great layout and beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and lovely scrap page.
    Those butterflies are awesome, I am going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO! If you decide to gift it, she will Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those butterflies, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So even when you are thousands of miles away you come up with something really special. Very pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful...and this WOULD make a wonderful Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those butterflies are so amazing, so creative

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great butterflies! Love that you did them in that color too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your butterflies. Your page is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page! Love the butterflies!
    Lilian DT teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete