Friday, May 13, 2016

Faux Metal Papers

I wanted to share a wonderful technique with you on how to create your own faux metallic papers. I recently purchased these metallic Pan Pastels on sale at Aaron Brothers, knowing I'd "need" them in the future.  Bingo!

Start with black cardstock. Here I am using the Sizzix metal plate embossing folder to add dimension.


Add little dabs of Pan Pastel metallics on to cardstock. 


Blend the colors, adding touches of color until you like what you've got. 


Of course, the photos don't do it justice.  Here is a plain black cardstock next to my "metallic" cardstock.
Some people use a fixodent spray to seal the Pan Pastels. I use cheap hairspray. 

The following card was created for the Creative Card Crew Anything Goes challenge. 

Club Scrap papers, tags, stamps, ribbon and charm. Pan Pastels.


1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool technique! Thanks for sharing Lisa. :)

    ReplyDelete