Friday, May 20, 2016

Faux Patina

Over at Club Scrap Anne Marie challenged us on creating a faux patina look for our projects, layouts and cards using acrylic paints and texture paste.  I'm going to show a different way to create a patina look using texture paste and Color Bursts. 

I started by trying different texture paste mediums with different applications. I found that I really liked the thicker paste.  First I mixed the copper Color Burst with the texture paste in a small amount on my craft sheet. I slathered the thicker paste on one card and used a stencil for the second. Let it dry. 


I then puffed the turquoise Color Burst directly on top of the panels and added water. 

I just rubbed my fingers of the thicker texture paste after the Color Bursts dried to bring more of the cooper out. 
Club Scrap papers, tags and ribbon. Ken Oliver's Color Bursts. Ranger texture paste. Washi tape.

This card was created for the Retro Sketch #215 challenge and the Club Scrap Technique Challenge. Give it a try, add your link at the bottom of the Technique blog post to win a gift certificate.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that panel on the right sure does look oxydized! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete