Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Wine Labels

Yes...I am a Wineaux. That should be no surprise to many. I enjoy a good bottle of wine. Luckily I have a few friends that share in my love of wine. I like to save the labels of bottles that were consumed for a special occasion or just because I love the label. I have been known to buy horrible wine JUST for the label. So what do I do with the labels?  They make great thank you cards if your friend shared an amazing bottle with you!

Many, many years ago we created this Raven's Claw journal at Retreat. I do remember it being quite difficulty to make. However, my original journal is now full. So my friends were stunned when I asked if anyone had one they wanted to get rid of. Yeah...they were also mortified to find out they did have one or two in their project pins! Thanks Cathy! Putting together this album nearly 10 years later wasn't as difficult as I remembered. Maybe I've progressed ;-)

Here's the original version completed at retreat.  It is now full of wine labels.
 



Cheers to my newly completed Raven's Claw Journal!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. We made this at Retreat 2007, and I remember it clearly, because it was my 1st retreat ever, and I had this class at 8:00 (I'm not a morning person, btw...) with Dinah. Need I say more? I hadn't ever made ANYTHING except ALSB pages, and had never even finished one with photos. This class was a handful. Good thing I'm a knitter. I don't think I would have been able to handle the stitching on that journal!

    ReplyDelete