Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Artist Team's Handmade Holidays

Welcome to the Club Scrap Artist Team Blog Hop.  I love handmade holiday gifts so I was overjoyed to get a head start on those gifts this year.  Join us on the hop to see what this talented team has created for the holidays.  If you've arrived here from the very crafty Donna's blog you're in the right spot. If you'd like to start at the beginning head over to Club Scrap see what Karen has created for you.
 
Club Scrap papers, stamps, charm and washi tape. Docrafts calendars. 
 
I got the idea for this project from the Retreat Clipboard Collage. I made it smaller and more manageable for multiple gifts. Luckily I found several pieces of book board in my stash from projects that I knew wouldn't get finished. Didn't even have to cut them and some already had the holes in them.
 
Cover front with cardstock using bookbinding glue. Ink edges if desired.
 
 
I love using these mini calendars for gifts.
They come in stacks that allow you to remove each month as needed.
I also included a mini sticky note pad from a stationery set I received as a gift.
 
 
Using bookbinding glue again, adhere the calendar and post it note pad to the  cover.
This gives the bulky items much more stability than regular adhesive. 
 
Now the fun starts. Add stamps and embellishments to decorate.
The leaf metal charm was adhered using bookbinding glue in the needle nose glue bottles from retreat. No crafter should be without one or two!

 
 Rose from Retreat 2015 color swap.

 Sticky note pad in a stationary set received as a gift.
 
The fun part about this gift was searching through this year's photos for each person I made these for.
 

Thank you for joining us today. Please continue on to see what spectacular handmade project Tina has created for you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, what a gorgeous gift!! Love all the special details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the calendar, such a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make a terrific gift. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need one of these in my operatory at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love calendar gift ideas. And the clipboard is a great addition to my list of ideas.
    Yours is beautiful executed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg ! I adore this!!! I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous project. Love all the details. I could use one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute idea, Lisa! I think the clipboard was my surprise favorite project at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous gift idea...useful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for a gift - my co-workers would love this!

    ReplyDelete