Thursday, November 17, 2016

Handmade Paper with a Personal Touch

I received some beautiful flowers from my sister-in-law when they came for dinner recently. She was so proud of these flowers straight from their garden.  I wanted to save them and do something special with them.  So after searching Pinterest I decided to make handmade paper for Christmas gifts this year. I created ATC's last time I made paper with more in-depth instructions on that blog posting.

Blend junk mail envelopes with water.
 
 Pour pulp into a paper-making screen mold and add dried flowers on top.
 

 
Drain.
 
 
 
Dry paper. Press for 24 hours.
 
 
So I thought I'd share a few tricks and tips this time. Mostly what-not-to-dos.
 
 Don't use security envelopes, the ones with the ink on the inside of the envelope. They will give your paper a blue or grey tint.
Turn off the steam setting on your iron. Your paper will dry MUCH faster. Yep...did that.
Holiday envelopes with metallic insides are the best. They give your papers little metallic flecks that are beautiful! I actually bought a box of 20 cards just for the metallic lined envelopes. $2 at my local thrift store.
 
 
The backsides of the paper don't have leaves in them, making it perfect for letter writing.
I'll just score and fold these. I'll wrap them with a beautiful ribbon and add envelopes.
 
 



2 comments:

  1. WOW Lisa! What a special way to recycle a bouquet. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea, Lisa! You are so good about going back and using the tools and supplies you purchased! I admire that so much.

    ReplyDelete