Thursday, April 27, 2017

Cherry Blossom Color Bursts

It feels like forever since I've played with my Color Bursts.  I have stacks of 4x6 photo paper left over from a now defunct printer and wanted to experiment with them...it's either that or donate them. So I dusted off my pink and silver Color Bursts and got to work. I chose the ice pattern stamp from Shades of Winter to create my backgrounds.
 
1. Brush water onto glossy photo paper.  
2. Sprinkle pink Color Bursts on paper. 
3. Add more water to make messy. Add metallic Color Bursts.
4. Using this panel as an ink pad, stamp into Color Bursts.
5. Stamp onto a second blank panel.
6. Repeat the process until happy with the background.
7. Let dry. I actually used a matte spray to keep metallic colors from rubbing off.
What I learned from the photo paper is that the color bursts dry very fast and the stamped images are fairly clear.  The paper doesn't absorb the inks and water like normal cardstock.  As you can see in the background I had a hard time getting the water and colors to move.  The metallics tend to rub off and require a fixative. However, I'm very pleased with the results.
 
Club Scrap papers, stamps, ribbon and flower. Making Memories rub on. Cuttlebug embossing folder. Queen & Co. pearl. Ken Oliver Color Bursts.


4 comments:

  1. I love the way this turned out, Lisa! I'll definitely be trying this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA!! I love how you get two backgrounds for the price of one! :) great work as always, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very artsy! The second panel stamping looks so cool! Thanks for sharing the details!

    ReplyDelete