Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Adventure Awaits

May's Idea Deck Challenge is to use the 4 of Spades from any Idea Deck. I actually choose Vol. II's sketch because I liked it the least and saw that no one had posted it yet. I know that sounded weird but I like a challenge. You never know if you're going to like something if you don't try it, right?  I absolutely love how this layout turned out! 
 
I did deviate from the original cutting instructions a bit.  The sketch calls for both background papers to be the same but I didn't want to use two "Adventure Awaits" papers.  Initially the blue cardstock didn't look right.  So I stared at it and thought I could paint, add texture or stamp on it.  I remembered that  the Raku collection had a crackle-like stamp.  I think it looks perfect next to the wood paper!
 
When I was looking through photos to use with the Adirondacks I came across camping pictures that included my uncle who passed away suddenly several years ago. I think this layout was just meant to be. 
 
 
How adorable is that charm?!
Products used:
 
Club Scrap Adirondacks deluxe kit which includes the stencil, bronze frame, deer charm, mini envelopes and wood title.
Club Scrap wood paddles.
Club Scrap Raku stamp (no longer available).
Darice lined embossing folder.
Ashland burlap.
 



2 comments:

  1. Great LO, Lisa! I love the addition of the wooden paddles...they are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elements you chose really match the photos and the crackle looks awesome! Great LO's to showcase those memorable photos.

    ReplyDelete