Monday, August 28, 2017

Sorry Mermaids Only

Yes...I've returned to my Color Bursts panels.  I wanted to demonstrate another technique you can do with your color bursts. This one came about because I didn't like the panel when it was done but still wanted to use it. When I originally created the panel, I had used this anchor stencil spritzed with water and placed on a dry color burst panel.
It really didn't turn out like I had hoped. If you didn't know it was an anchor, you really didn't know what the image was.  So at this point, I stamped sea weed images and heat embossed with clear powder.
Next I used a wet paper towel and pulled off as much color as I could leaving the "trapped" embossed color behind. Now this I could do something with.
I love the distressed edges that watercolor paper gives!
Club Scrap papers, stamps, ribbon and charm. Ken Oliver Color Bursts. Nuvo Crystal drops.

2 comments:

  1. More happy accidents Lisa, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the panel before the paper towel dabbing, but what a great effect! The distressed edges are the perfect final touch!

    ReplyDelete